Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two Scoops Rice: Garden Fairy

Renae over at Two Scoops Rice Designs was so generous to give out a free digi image recently and it's so cute I had to make a couple different cards!

For both cards I paper pieced the fairy's outfit. It's a little more complicated doing piecing with digi images, but it's still very doable. I just printed the image onto regular printer paper, and then taped my piece of patterned paper over the image on all 4 sides. Then I just stuck the paper back in the printer tray and printed again. Since the image can print in a slightly different spot, I made sure my patterned paper was bigger than my image on all sides. I also stuck a piece of Eclipse masking tape over the image to create a mask for airbrushing. Lastly, I also printed the image a couple times on plain white cardstock to serve as my base for the fairies.

Unfortunately, when I was cutting and shaping my PP pieces, the toner did flake off a little so I had to go over some of the lines with a pen. I had much better results when cutting the mask, so I think the PP I used was just too thick (Memory Box PP is like cardstock).





For both cards I popped up just the "petals" of the skirt with 1/4" hole punches of scrap cardstock and the flowers on the hat with 1/8" hole punches for dimension.

You can see in the close shot that I added a couple of purple rhinestones to the flowers on the hat. For the second card, I added stickles to the flowers on the hat and shoes for a little sparkle. On both cards, I went over all of the outfit lines with a Stardust pen, but it's really hard to photograph.

All the letters are from Making Memories - Silver letters are Cheeky Shimmer Stickers and the rub-ons are Simply Stated Heidi font.

2 comments:

  1. I love both of the cards! They are so adorable!! Love the purples and greens!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!