Wednesday, November 4, 2009

La-La’s Weekly Wednesday Challenge #11

If you're looking for the Your Next Stamp Challenge #3, it's the post directly below this one. Thanks!

* * * * * * * * * *


It's Wednesday so I have another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge for you! This week our theme was set by Kim and is "Pink" - it doesn't have to be all pink, just mostly pink. As soon as I saw this challenge, I knew I wanted to make a pink Santa Lala card!

LalaSanta1a
I've been seeing easel cards everywhere and really love the look so I decided to try one!

I stamped Lala twice on plain cardstock and once on the polka dot paper. On the first cardstock version, I colored her face, hair, neck and legs with Copics. On the second version I colored her hands and belt with Copics, then I cut out the hands with trim attached, all the other trim pieces of her dress and hat, and the belt. I cut out the hat, dress and shoes from the polka dot paper. Then I just layered them as you see here. I added a few bits of scrap cardstock under her hat for a little dimension and I flocked all the trim pieces. This qualifies for the Stamp Something challenge - cute and fuzzy. Lala is super cute and all the trim on her outfit is fuzzy!

Here's a close shot of the adorable pieced Lala:

LalaSanta1b
I used Sketch #12 from Get Sketchy:

The Bonus Challenge is to use spray ink so I sprayed the flowers with Pearl Glimmer Mist for sparkle.

For the inside, I cut and border punched a strip of cardstock, glued a thinner strip of patterned paper to the top of it, and scrap strips to the bottom (for extra height) to act as the stopper. Lastly I embellished the card with snowflakes punched from glitter cardstock, Prima flowers, punched branches, buttons with silver cord, and a rub-on sentiment from Basic Grey. Daring Cardmakers wants to see our newest punch and that would be my McGill Pine Branch punch.

We'd love to have you join us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts Blog. TFL!

9 comments:

  1. Such a FUN card...love your coloring!!!!!

    Thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy Maureen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya,
    What a beautiful card. Such an adorable image and those colours are just wonderful. Love it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card Maureen!! Love this paper and Lala looks so pretty in it!!! All your pink is lovely as well!!
    Hope you have a great day!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! She is the sweetest! Beautiful coloring and what a gorgeous layout and such yummy papers!! Thanks for playing with us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and I love the paper piecing on the image. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Maureen! It's a super cute card!! :)

    Thank you for your e-mail to me. I tried to send an e-mail to you yesterday, but it was not done though I don't know why. So I'm leaving a message here.
    I think your suggestion is wonderful. But, so sorry... I won't make my design into a machine-made rubber stamp because I do love to HAND-carve a stamp by myself. But if there will be a chance, I would like to provide my drawing to the people reading my blog as a free digi image.
    Tank you.

    torico XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so inspired to make an easel card now! This card is beautiful!! Love the embellishments and the sewing... and the polka dots! I can see an embossed trim distressing the edge of your nestabilities layer too! Gorgeous! xx Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maureen! This is soo PRETTY! This is one of my favorite LaLas and love that you paper pieced her whole outfit down to her boots! =) CUTE CUTE! Love your easle sketch too... I have yet to try one of those, they look fun! Great job on this PINK challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Maureen! I love how this card turned out. So beautiful! I gave you an award on my blog. Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!