Wednesday, November 25, 2009

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #14


Yay! It's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week I'm hosting and I've chosen a 3-2-1 Recipe as my challenge. I would like you to use 3 patterned papers, 2 colors of cardstock (white counts as a color), and 1 type of embellishment.

Now since opinions can differ as to what is an embellishment, I've made a list of the 'bellies that I think have more visual "weight" and count for purposes of this challenge: ribbon/lace, buttons, gems/pearls/acrylic drops, beads, charms, brads/eyelets, other metal hardware and flowers. So pick one type off the list, but you can use as many of that one type as you like! Anything that's not on the list is ok (such as glitter, liquid applique, punched pieces, Flower Soft, etc.). I hope this isn't too complicated and that you have fun with this challenge!

Here's my card:

LalaWinter1
I used Winter Lala and a sketch from Card Patterns. Lala was stamped, colored with Copics, cut out and popped up on foam boosters. All the patterned papers are from the Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses 6x6 paper pad and the cardstock is Bazzill. To finish off the card I added some little gems, a bunch of sewing, and a sentiment from Papertrey Ink.

Other challenges: I hope you'll play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

8 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful! I love your fabulous coloring, Maureen! And the papers are so cute!
    Thank you so much for the great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUTE!!! Love the soft colors that you chose!! Your coloring always leaves me in AWE!!! Love the very clever sentiment too, goes great with Lala card ;-).
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the iamge and the papers you've used.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maureen! :) This is SUCH a cute card! I love your sketch, choice of LaLa and your coloring is REALLY awesome! :) Thanks for a great challenge this week! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Maureen! I love the colors and your layout is fabulous! Beautiful details as well!!! She is adorable!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love those papers :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card great colours and details. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!