ETA: This card was featured on Little Red Wagon! Woohoo!
Today I have a card that I made for a bunch of challenges, and also because I really wanted to use my Penguin Love set from There She Goes. I got the idea to make a sort of quilt looking card and here's what I came up with:
All the squares are 1.5" and the papers are old Basic Grey. For the little scene squares, I was inspired by this card and other similar cards all by Jessica Knutsen. I couldn't do tone on tone because you'd never see white on white, so I stamped the backgrounds in a light blue ink, and then added the penguins popped up on foam boosters. Each one has some paper pieced clothing all stamped on the same scrap of striped PP.
After I distressed and sponged the edges of all the squares, I sewed them to a piece of Kraft cardstock with a combination of straight and zigzag stitches. Next I diecut a piece of chipboard and some glitter cardstock with a Sizzix snowflake die and glued them together. I poked 2 holes in the snowflake and then sewed it with a button to the quilt with crochet thread. I also sewed on all the other buttons with crochet thread. Lastly I sponged the edges of the white base and glued the quilt to it.
- There She Goes - use chipboard
- A Spoon Full of Sugar - create a scene
- Crafty Creations - snow
- Quixotic - stitching
- Little Red Wagon - use last year's Christmas scraps
- 3 Clovers - Birds or Bugs
- Cute Card Thursday - glitter
- Flourishes - inspired by "My Favorite Things" lyrics (I have warm woolen mittens and the kraft quilt base is like a brown paper package, then the button in the center is tied up with strings!)