Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Your Next Stamp Challenge #32

Your Next Stamp Challenge

Yay! I have another Your Next Stamp Challenge today! I know the timing is a little weird since it's only been 1 week since the last challenge, but we're switching things up just a bit for the end of the year! Since we know what a busy time this is, this will be our final challenge for 2010 and will last 3 weeks.

Our theme was chosen by Karen and is "Let's Party!" We'd like to see party invites, party decorations, food decorations, party bags, New Year's cards, dressy creations - anything that screams "PAR-TAY!" I decided to go with a New Year's card (or it could be a table decoration):

FairyFhiona3a
I used Fairy Fhiona and the Let's Party set. I stamped Fhiona, colored her with Copics and cut her out, leaving off the wings. I paper pieced her dress, the hat and noisemaker, did some shading with Copics and lots of glittering with Stickles. I cut apart her hands so she could hold the noisemaker and I stuck the hat on her head with foam tape. If you look closely at the top of the hat, you can see I added some pieces of iridescent tinsel that I curled with my fingernail:

FairyFhiona3b
I created the card base in Make the Cut and cut it out with my Cricut. Before gluing down the numbers, I Stickled all the edges. Finally I added Fhiona with foam tape.

We hope you'll play along with us! One lucky participant will be drawn at random to win $10 in YNS Stamp Bucks!! You don't have to use YNS images on your card, but if you do you'll get a double entry in the draw!

Also, the challenge hostess will choose her favorite card, and that winner will get the YNS Challenge "Top Pick" blinkie to proudly display on their blog PLUS $5 in YNS Stamp Bucks! You must use a YNS image to be eligible to be chosen for Top Pick.

Full details can be found at the YNS Challenge Blog. TFL!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun and clever Maureen!! Gorgeous design! Love the colors, sparkle and the image for the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen this is terrific, I JUST LOVE your 2011 invite, how DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muareen this card is fabulous I adore her sparkly hat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!