Sunday, June 14, 2009

Recycled KS Crew Challenge

The latest Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge is to "take some previously used non-stamping item that is headed for the trash can and turn it into a component in your Kitchen Sink project either as a layer or embellishment of some sort!"

I've seen a lot of people using corrugated cardboard in their projects so I decided to give it a try. My card didn't come out at all like I had wanted, but I'm posting it anyway because there are some elements that I like.


I used 3 Step Daisy (definitely one of my fave KS sets) and a sentiment from Never a Loss 4 Words.

I traced a Nestabilities Labels 4 shape onto a piece of cardboard, cut it out, and then stripped most of the top layer of paper off one side. I then inked the edges with white ink, covered with glue and glittered it.

For the daisy, I stamped on kraft cardstock first in Papertrey Fresh Snow, then SU! Mauve Mist, Rose Romance, and Rose Red. I also added a little glitter to the flower and a button tied with tulle. The leaves were done with Certainly Celery and Old Olive.

Here's a close shot of the glitter-fied flower and cardboard:


I like how the sewn strip of tulle came out - much softer than using ribbon. But I don't like how thick this card is! This sucker is definitely not going through the mail without special packaging! TFL!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful card!! I love the frosted corrugated cardboard and the fabulous tulle!!A great design!!

    Thanks so much for joining in on the KSS challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!