Thursday, June 11, 2009

Softpencil

Today's card was made with the most adorable image from a company I just found called Softpencil - Digital Stamps (the link to her Etsy store is on the blog). I found Softpencil through Shelley's blog, Artful Achievements, after she was so kind as to leave a comment on one of my cards. I'm so glad she did, because not only does she make wonderful cards, but I also found some of the cutest digi stamps ever!


This image is called Home Sweet Home and isn't that kitty too cute?! And then she lives in a cupcake which is why I HAD to get it!!

I colored the image with Prismacolor colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits - a technique which I tried before but couldn't get to look quite right, so I gave up. But then I bought this image and thought right away that it might look nice done with that technique so I got out all my supplies and practiced and practiced somemore. I think it came out pretty nicely this time, so that means I'm going to keep practicing and hopefully I'll get better at it!

Here's a close shot that I took with flash so you can see just a bit of the glitter on the cupcake top. I did my usual of drawing with the Stardust glitter pen and then dragging the glitter around with a waterbrush. You can see the sparkle around the edges where it's the heaviest:


I adapted the layout for this card from a scrapbook page by Heather Bowser that was in the Feb/Mar 2009 issue of Scrapbooks Etc. magazine. Even though I haven't scrapped in ages, I still get a few magazines for inspiration. I hope you like it and TFL!

Other materials used: patterned paper and letter stickers - Basic Grey (Lilykate collection); Prima flowers; May Arts ribbon; Classic and Scalloped Square and Mega Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities; 1" circle punch; buttons; crochet thread.

3 comments:

  1. Maureen, this is a delightful image and you have done a great job with the colouring. Very sweet! You will have to let me know if you do any more. I would like to invite you to become a follower and thanks for leaving such lovely comments. hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maureen! I love your cute and soft card! I like so much the colors you used in this work, the glitter (I love glitter) and the ribbon... so beautiful!
    I´m looking for designers for my Design Team, if you would like to be in it send me a convo through Etsy or write me an e-mail to elizabethpujalka@hotmail.com and I´ll tell you the details.
    I hope you accept it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute image!! I love the soft colors that you used for this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!