Saturday, July 18, 2009

Gingersnap Birthday

Today's card was made for the Hope Stamps Eternal Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #15:


I just got the Gingersnaps Celebrate set that I've been wanting for a while and couldn't wait to play with the cupcake image! I paper pieced the cupcake with this perfect piece of double-sided patterned paper from Fancy Pants to look like the inspiration cupcake and used the same paper for the rest of the card.

I did a LOT of cutting and popping up for dimension:


Unfortunately some of the dimension doesn't show up as well because I shaped the pieces to be more rounded and realistic so a lot of the edges are actually sitting kind of flat. Just so you know what to look for, I popped up: the girl with an extra hand, extra front leg, and extra pants cuff; the whole cupcake with an extra heart and extra cherry. I hope you like it and TFL!

Other materials used: border punch - Martha Stewart; Copic markers; curved rectangles Mega Nestabilities - Spellbinders; ribbon - May Arts; charm from stash.

5 comments:

  1. OH! Cute Cute Cute! Perfect cupcake/wrapper/cherry! It is perfect for the challenge, thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG This is just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh..this is such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! Woo hoo on being top five on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Sooo cute! I love all of the detail. Great job!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!