Sunday, August 12, 2012

Why I Use Brilliance Ink

Hi all!  Every time you see an image stamped in black on my blog, 99.999% of the time, it will have been stamped in Tsukineko’s Graphite Black Brilliance pigment ink.  When the Tsukineko Tuxedo Black Memento dye ink came out, I saw a lot of Copic users raving about it so I decided to try it out myself. 

Here’s an image (by Dandelion Designs) that I’ve stamped with Memento on the left and Brilliance on the right:

Brilliance1

As you can see, they both stamp very nicely, with very good coverage.  But when you look at it really closely, this is what you see:

Brilliance2

The Memento side looks a bit fuzzy, but the Brilliance side is really crisp and clear (you can click on the images to see them even larger). For most people, that little difference doesn’t matter, but for me, I prefer the cleaner images you get with the Brilliance ink.  Yes, the Brilliance does take longer to dry than the Memento, but I think it’s worth the wait.  So that’s why I use Brilliance instead of Memento for stamping in black.  Hope this helps and TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!