Wednesday, March 12, 2014

For You

Hi all!  I was reorganizing some things in my craft room this weekend and came across a bunch of a muse|studio products I haven’t used in a long time and some new stuff I just got.  I came up with this card:

 BeautifulBotanicals2

The silhouette is from Beautiful Botanicals 2 and the sentiment is from Aren’t You Sweet.  I stamped the flower with Versamark ink and embossed with Hero Arts white EP on a piece of watercolor paper.  Then I sponged some Distress Inks over the whole panel and spritzed with water to get a watercolor look and blend.  The result was somewhat faded looking so I repeated the process to make the colors a little brighter.  After drying with my heat tool, I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink.

I took a little scrap of watercolor paper and applied some wet Distress Inks to it and punched out a Martha Stewart butterfly.  I added a|s pearls and bits of black paper.  The black dotted cardstock is retired a|s and the twine is also from a|s.

I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday and this is also for Virginia's View Challenge – watercoloring.  I hope you like it and TFL!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Maureen! Your card is so pretty! The shading around the flower shows depth and interest! So glad that you join the fun with the first Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, serene card Maureen!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!