Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Mahalo

Hi all!  I live in Hawaii, so to me it was a given that I would have to have Birdie Brown’s Polynesian Paradise.  Here’s my first card made with this adorable set:

PolynesianParadise1

I am absolutely LOVING on this little guy!  I’ve been playing with him for days and finally managed to get him on a card!

I stamped him in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored just the body with Copics.  Then I overstamped (using my MISTI) with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I stamped him again on MFT plaid paper with Onyx Black and cut out just the shell.  I shaped the shell and attached it with a foam dot.

I stamped the sentiment (also from the set) using my MISTI and Onyx Black ink (had to stamp it twice to get it perfect) and then mounted the little guy over the sentiment with thin foam tape.

This is for CAS-ology – Plaid and MarkerPop – Anything Goes (colored with markers).  I hope you like it and TFL!

9 comments:

  1. It's adorable. Love the plaid shell. The simplicity is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little turtle is so cute! Adorable CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little turtle card! The plaid shell is the cutest! The simplicity of your card really highlights the cute little turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! This is a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e!!! What a perfect little turtle...and CAS perfection! ;)
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable paper piecing for the sweet turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love him!! He looks so cute with his little plaid shell, and I detect a bit of attitude in his stance!! So beautifully CAS also! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maureen, this is absolutely precious! What a perfect MFT stamp set for a resident of Hawaii! (We recently vacationed in Oahu and we are all still madly in love with Hawaii...wish we could go back tomorrow!) That sweet plaid shell is too cute...love this! So glad you joined us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you shaped the shell over the foam dot! It adds great dimension to this fabulous CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maureen, that little guy is adorable and I bet he thinks he's the coolest turtle on the block with that awesome shell! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!