Saturday, January 2, 2010

Irina's Birthday Blog Hop!

IrinaBirthdayBanner
Hi everybody! You don't usually see me posting La-La Land cards on Saturday, but today is a very special day - it's Irina’s birthday! You should all know that Irina is not only the owner of La-La Land Crafts, but she's also a very talented crafter and a really wonderful person! Of course we couldn't miss her special day and decided to throw a little on-line party for her! We were keeping it a secret and prepared a surprise Birthday Blog Hop. So hop along with us to celebrate Irina’s Birthday!!

Each of us created a project with birthday wishes for our special Birthday Girl. If you started at Kim’s blog and came to me from Moon's blog, then you're on the right track! If you just happened upon my blog, you'll want to start at the La-La Land Crafts Blog so you can see all the yummy eye candy we've created in honor of this special day!

* * * * *

I wanted to make something extra special for Irina so I decided to do an easel card:

LalaSittingBirthday1a
I actually used 2 different La-La Land images for this card: Sitting Lala and Birthday Lala. I used just the present with attached hands from Birthday Lala. I actually stamped the present part twice, colored with Copics, cut out and set aside (I'll tell you why I did 2 in just a little bit!).

I then stamped Sitting Lala, colored and cut out. I wanted to pop up the present for some extra dimension, but from certain angles you could see Sitting Lala's arms and hands underneath the popped up present. So one present is glued directly to Sitting Lala's lap to hide her arms and hands, and then the other present was popped up with foam boosters. Now even if you look at the image from the side, you can't tell that I combined 2 different images!

Here's a close up of how well the present fits in her lap:

LalaSittingBirthday1b
I also used some Stickles on her headband and shoes for a little sparkle. BTW - even though one shoe looks way more glittery than the other, that's just the way the light hit them in the picture - they both sparkle nicely in real life!

The sketch is from The Pink Elephant, the papers are Heidi Grace, and the sentiments are from Papertrey Ink. I hope you like it!

Thank you so much for hopping with us and celebrating Irina's birthday! Your next stop is the super talented Kristine. Enjoy the rest of the hop!!

Irina - if you're reading this - Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a most wonderful day!!

10 comments:

  1. Very-very beautiful card! I love how you combined two Lala stamps! So creative!!! :) Yuor coloring is so gorgeous! Oh, Irina will love this card!
    I'm so glad that you joined this fun blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome card!! I love easle cards anyway but yours rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love how you colored her hair and that button with charm is awesome!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goosness, Maureen! This is totally cute! I love your alteration! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful card for IRina on her birthday! Sitting La-La is so cute; love how you colored her black hair. What a beautiful easel card; the heart charm and the ribbon - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, CHARMING card! love it!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...what a great creation and OH so tricky of you to combine both images! I love when you can alter stamps to give them new life! Love everything about this...down to the cute charm! Irina will be tickled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh, Maureen, what a fantastic card!!! I love that you put the packages in Sitting Lala's hands. Perfection, and so clever!!! You do beautiful work, as always.

    Happy New Year!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWIE! LOVE THIS Maureen! Super job combining 2 lovely LaLa's to make this fabulous card!! *Ü* Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maureen, thank you so much for my Birthday Card!!! It is sure extra special!!!! I LOVE how you combined two different images, you clever girl!!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!