Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Your Next Stamp Challenge #8

Your Next Stamp Challenge

Yay! I have another Your Next Stamp Challenge today! This challenge was set by Karen and is "Anything that sparkles!" I love things that sparkle so I had a lot of fun with this challenge and here's my card:

BJDragonfly1
I used one of the recently released bugs, BJ the Dragonfly - isn't he cute?! I stamped and colored him with Copics, then cut him out with a circle Nestie. I actually used 3 different kinds of glitter on this card: Stickles on his wings for plenty of sparkle, Stardust glitter pen on his body for a more subtle sparkle, and a hand-drawn line of glue pen with superfine loose glitter to frame the whole thing.

I got the layout for the card from the first project in this post by Nichole Heady. Lastly I added a ribbon bow and a sentiment from Papertrey Ink.

We hope you'll play along with us! One lucky participant will be drawn at random to win $10 in YNS Stamp Bucks!! You don't have to use YNS images on your card, but if you do you'll get a double entry in the draw!

Also, the challenge hostess will choose her favorite card, and that winner will get the YNS Challenge "Top Pick" blinkie to proudly display on their blog PLUS $5 in YNS Stamp Bucks! You must use a YNS image to be eligible to be chosen for Top Pick.

Full details can be found at the YNS Challenge Blog. TFL!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty and soft Maureen
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! I love the glittery wings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, Maureen! I love the soft pretty colours and of course all your glittery accents! Hugs, Simonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maureen,
    I really love your color choices! I can't seem to put them together the way you do! Great job as usual!

    Jenny
    crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love BJ all sparkly! Great color choices and layout too! Love it!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!