Wednesday, January 27, 2010

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #23


Wednesday means it's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our challenge was set by Kim and is to make a gift card holder. You can make it any size, any style, as long as it holds a gift card!

I'm normally very lazy and just stick my gift cards in a regular card so I've never made a special gift card holder before. I thought there might be others like me so I decided to do something simple and easy - I altered a regular card just a bit to make a gift card holder card. Here's what I came up with:

RosieSittingCat1a

RosieSittingCat1b
If you look very closely at the pictures, you can see that I folded the top flap of the card under just one inch and glued the edges to make a holder portion for the gift card.

I used Rosie Sitting with Cat and a couple papers from the Basic Grey Eva collection. I stamped Rosie, colored her with Copics, cut her out and popped her up on foam boosters. To finish off the card, I distressed all the edges, did a bunch of sewing, and added a couple flowers and fern punches. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

We'd love to have you play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable Maureen!!! Haha you sound just like me!!! I have never made on either but I think I just might ~ they are easy and look so pretty!! Love this one as well! YOur colors are so pretty as well as Rosie!!
    Have a great week!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool Maureen! I have an accucut business card die that a gift card fits in perfectly - so it's kinda cheating! lol So I did a card this time instead! lol Your Rosie is adorable and love how you put the pattern paper on the inside to hold the card. thanks for inspiring!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy peasy and Oh-So-CUTE! Love this Maureen *Ü* Love your paper, stitching and this Rosie & kitty is so cute. Hope you're having a wonderful week!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the folded pocket to hold the gift card and the printed paper on this inside!! CUTE!!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!