Wednesday, January 13, 2010

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #21

There is a post about the YNS Blog Hop Blinkie Contest directly below this one - please check it out. Thanks!

* * * * * * * * * *



Wednesday means it's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! I'm hosting this week's challenge and I would like to see shaped cards - any shape other than a rectangle or square.

Here's my card:

MayaHappy1
I used Happy Maya and some old Kelly Panacci papers that I love! For the card base, I used the largest size of the Spellbinder's Dahlia die set.

I colored Maya in brown tones (inspired by the website shots of the latest Maya releases which were both colored brown!) then cut out. I also cut out an extra head and layered it over the first with foam boosters for dimension. I hand sewed the border and finished it all off with a button bow and sentiment from Papertrey Ink.

We hope you'll play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous challenge, Maureen! It was a lot of fun! Your card is terrific! Maya coloured in browns is awesome. She looks so soft and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Maureen!! I love this image and your coloring is beautiful!! Love how you layered the paper in the background ~ looks like grass!! Such a pretty card! Thanks for the challenge!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maureen! I just LOVE your card so much. What a PRETTY shape and your soft colors are so nice with Maya. Really beautiful card! Thanks so much for a great challenge this week *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is awesome. LOOOOOOOOVE that cow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maureen - thanks for the fun challenge! Love your creative card...awesome papers and your Happy Maya is awesome in brown!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Maureen, Happy Maya is just gorgeous, the papers are gorgeous and she is coloured in so beautifully, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!