Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Kristine!

It's not Wednesday, but I have a La-La Land card for you because it's my fellow DT member, Kristine's birthday today!!

A bunch of the DT members wanted to celebrate her special day so we made a birthday blog hop for her! If you came here by way of Pam's blog, then you're on the right track! If you just happened upon me, then you'll want to start at the La-La Land Crafts Blog to see the special post done in Kristine's honor, and then hop through all the stops for some fab La-La Land eye candy!

Here's the card I made:

RosieCupcake1
I used Cupcake Rosie and kept the card simple because I adore this Rosie image and wanted her to really be the focus of the card! The sketch is from Sketchy Thursday and the paper is from the DCWV Rustic pad.

I watercolored Rosie with Distress reinkers, distressed and sponged all the edges of the panels and added a bit of ribbon and a Papertrey Ink sentiment to finish it off.

Your next stop is the super talented Kim!

Kristine - I hope you like it and I hope you have the most wonderful birthday!!

12 comments:

  1. Maureen!
    I luv your soft colors for this card! :) Rosie is happy and I know Kristine will be just as happy to see this card of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercoloring is gorgeous, Maureen! I really love the soft and gentle colors of this sweet card! I am sure Kristine will love it!
    Thank you so much for joining this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maureen - this is so pretty - love the soft watercoloring you've done!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card and great coloring.

    Happy Birthday Kristine

    xoxo hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like it??? I LOOOVE THIS Maureen!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I especially love your beautifully way of coloring--it's so soft and gentle and just LOVELY! Thanks for making my day extra special!! Have a wonderful Valentine's Weekend *Ü* {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve the soft colors on your card. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how beautiful love the colours and that image is so sweet lucky Kristine.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A soft and pretty card, in your own special style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo beautiful. This stamp is adorable and your coloring is AMAZING!!!!!!! Thank you so much for playing along with this weeks sketch challenge.

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, great job on coloring her. it came out really nice! -anthonette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!