Wednesday, February 10, 2010

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #25


Wednesday means it's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our theme was set by Lisa and is to NOT use any designer paper (AKA patterned paper), either store bought or made yourself. I *love* using patterned paper so this was definitely a challenge for me, but it reminded me to use my Cuttlebug embossing folders, which I also love, so I was still happy with the outcome!

Here's my card:

LalaPumpkin2
Trying to show the versatility of La-La Land stamps, I actually used Pumpkin Lala for a Valentine's card! I just used a craft knife to carefully cut a slit right above her legs, and then inserted a couple hearts cut using my plain and scalloped heart Nesties. Before sticking the hearts in, I added a rub-on (it says adore if you can't see it so well) and cut off the bottom portion of the hearts so they wouldn't stick out below her legs.

To finish off the card I added a couple pieces of embossed cardstock, hand drew a line of glue pen that was covered with superfine glitter for a border, and tied a bit of ribbon with a button and crochet thread. The sketch is from Card Positioning Systems. I hope you like it!

We'd love to have you play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable card Maureen!! Love the colors you used and your embossing is fabulous!!! Love how you put the heart in her lap!! I will have to steal that idea!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maureen--what a PRETTY card!! And how creative of you to use Pumpkin LaLa and add the heart in her lap *Ü* LoVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Maureen! I had to click on it to really get an idea what you'd done. Love seeing how you used the folders. I have to try this now! I have most of the crazy things but rarely use them. I LOVE how you were so creative w/Lala and your coloring is so pretty too! thanks for inspiring!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've repurposed pumpkin Lala! Great, clever idea! The rich burgundy is perfect for Heart's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!