Wednesday, February 24, 2010

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #27


Wednesday means it's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our hostess is Kathy and she came up with a great sketch for us:


And here's my card:

LalaTeddy1a
I used Teddy Bear Lala and some yummy Cosmo Cricket papers. Lala was stamped, colored with Copics and cut out. I paper pieced her dress and remembered to take a picture to show how I do paper piecing with a complicated image like this:

LalaTeddy1b
You can see all the different pieces I used to make my finished Lala - the whole Lala, the paper pieced dress with a little coloring on the trim parts, and an extra piece to go over the dress with her arms and the bear. The little white bits above the arms actually slip behind the sleeves of the pieced dress. I do my piecing this way because it looks much more realistic in person. And if you're wondering why I colored the bear on the full Lala, it's because I wanted to test the colors and knew that bear would be covered up anyway so it didn't matter if I messed him up!

Lastly, for the sentiment, I punched out a circle, stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink), and glued Prima flowers that I cut into individual petals all around the back. I hope you like it!

We'd love to have you play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

3 comments:

  1. GOrgeous interpretation Maureen! I love the soft colors you used and of course I love your coloring!
    Have a great day!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! great job with the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, SUPER CUTE Maureen!! LOVE how you paper pieced her like that and showed how many layers. Sometimes I just try to cut around the animal in her arms but then her dress sticks up above her animal and doesn't look right. Love that you showed me the "CORRECT" way! LOL *Ü* Love it, Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!