Saturday, November 8, 2014

YNS November New Release Hop!

Nov92014-hopbadge

Hi all!  Welcome to my stop in the November Your Next Stamp New Release Hop!  You should have come from Deborah’s blog, but if you just happened across this post, please go back to Brianna’s blog (links at bottom) because you won’t want to miss a stop in our hop!

We are so excited for this release!  It’s full of super fun and cute Winter/Christmas stamps and dies!!  My favorite set has got to be the Sweet Holiday Greetings stamp set with matching dies (I do love matching dies!), but I’m also completely smitten with the Gingerbread House Die Set – SO much fun!!

Anyway, enough chatter – let’s get on with the show!

For my first card, I used the gingerbread man from Sweet Holiday Greetings, and a drink and sentiment from Holiday Cheers:

HolidayCheers1

The sketch is from the Sweet Sunday Sketch and the papers are super old ones from my stash.  I colored both of them with Copics and cut them out with their matching dies.

Here’s my second card, also with white embossing (which seems pretty popular lately):

Crystal1

I used Little Darling Crystal and a sentiment from Santa Express Train Carts.  In case you’re wondering about this white embossing technique, here’s a video I made about how I do it:

 

As always, we have a Hop prize: one grand prize winner will get a $20 YNS gift certificate!!   To qualify for the grand prize, you must leave a comment on all the DT Blogs.  Karen will post the winner on the YNS blog on Nov 12th.

And of course, we also have a great sale:

Nov2014salebadge

So now you’re off to Angel’s blog, but don’t forget to leave a comment before you go!  Happy hopping and good luck!

34 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are adorable. I agree, white embossing is very popular and I think it looks awesome on your card. I still have to find the "courage" to try it. ;)
    Hugs! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, thank you for the video..i want to give this a try..Darling cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great tip on embossing, I will have to try it. SUper adorable cards and your coloring is awesome. tfs
    Evelyn

    evl14512 at gmail.com
    Evinadas

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards, lovely colours and details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. Love the dancing couple.
    Adding the glass on the first card was a fun idea.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are adorable. Thanks for the video -- I love watching how great cards come together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea to combine the gingerbread with the drink and I LOVE what you did with Crystal! Thanks for the fab videos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards, I never thought to emboss white on white, thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to try the white embossing technique! These are absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the card with the white embossing, so very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeekkkks, cute cute cute! Love the gingerbread holding the drink :>) I will definitely have to CASE that one :>)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your gingerbread card is SO sweet - even the star on his little drink straw is smiling along with him! Awwww!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's my kind of cookie! lol Love the white embossing, looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious! Love these stamps and your gorgeous cards! Your colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful cards...thanks for the technique video!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute cards and love the info in the video. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the embossing technique! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job on the embossing technique. Thanks for the video! Your cookie card is so cute and the coloring you did is so yummy it made me hungry for a gingerbread boy cookie, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my goodness, that card with the white embossed image is gorgeous! I've never seen it done with this kind of image, and I really, really, really like it! What a great look it gives.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are super-duper cute. Love these images by YNS, which I just discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the tutorial I plan on trying this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the video. The cards are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing your ADORABLE cards.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the embossed card! It turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute, cute, cute...both of them!! I've been wanting to try the white embossing myself...thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet gingerbread man card and I like the white embossing on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love white embossing and matching dies too. Both of your projects are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love these--thanks for the video and idea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great video Maureen!! Love the white embossed look and that gingerbread with a drink makes me giggle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!