Friday, May 22, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration

There was an inspiration challenge posted in the There She Goes Forum to take inspiration from an absolutely scrumptious cupcake blog and I HAD to play, since I'm obsessed with cupcakes!

I used this cuppie as my inspiration, not only copying the design of the cupcake, but also the circle patterns of the background. Here's my take:


I just found TSG because they sponsored Sheetload this month (I'll be posting my cards for that soon) and am so glad I did! They have the most adorable set called Cupcake Mix & Match and it's so much fun!! There are a bunch of different pieces so you can design your own cupcake, and that's just what I did! I stamped the liner and smooth cupcake lines and then the rose. I also stamped the rose separately, colored and cut it out, and then popped it up on top after I cut out the whole cupcake. The little butterfly is a Fiskars hand punch - isn't it cute? The sentiment is also from the set and I really like the pretty font.

Here's a close shot of just the cuppie:


For the design of the card, I also took inspiration from a card by Kim Hughes that was in the January 2009 issue of Cards Magazine. I love how she made a simple frame of straight stitching and then filled the frame with punched circles. I copied that idea, but instead used the punched circles as background, and I also added another frame of zigzag stitching.

Hope you like it and TFL!!

Other materials used: Sweet Blush cardstock (base layer), Hibiscus Burst cardstock (butterfly) and ink - Papertrey Ink; patterned paper - Chatterbox; ribbon - May Arts; 1" and 3/4" circle punches - Stampin' Up!; brads - Pink Hedgehog Papercrafts; lace and button from stash.

4 comments:

  1. This card is so sweet! Love the butterfly on that cute cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is so beautiful. i love the cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Gorgeous!!!

    Wish I had found that cupcake for my challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!