Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pop Tart Card and More!

I've had this adorable pop tart stamp from Two Scoops Rice Designs for a while, and finally got around to making a card with it:


Because I used papers with swirls and dots, I couldn't decide which to emboss the background with so I did both! First I ran through the piece with the D'Vine Swirls folder, then I ran it through again with the Swiss Dots folder. The swirls mostly flattened out with the second run through, but you can still see them and I think it's a really interesting pattern.

The patterned papers are from Basic Grey (very appropriately the Two Scoops line), and the Berry Sorbet cardstock is from Papertrey Ink. The ribbon is May Arts and the rubon is Cosmo Cricket.

And here's the more I was talking about - I made little felt versions using the stamp as a pattern!


I only put "sprinkles" on the frosting portion, and I played with the eyes a little trying to figure out exactly how to make them. Since they're so small, I had to make them slightly bigger to do them out of felt.

Here's a picture of the felties next to the card:


I LOVE how they came out and have been looking at my other stamps to see if they would make good felties! Hopefully I'll have more to share with you later. TFL and have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. MMMMMMMM. Makin' me hungry. I guess I gotta get my hands on that stamp. DH almost lives on poptarts! The felt ones are just as cute. Great Job!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! They look like real mini pop tarts, such a neat image. I am hungry now for a S'mores pop tart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The felties are so cute...they're so teeny tiny!! You must have really good eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww.. this is so CLEVER; wow, I am loving the felt version of the image and the colors coordination you got going here!!! WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO unbelievably CUTE. I WANT THEM!!!! I don't know what I'd do with them, but I have to make these. Maybe cuddle up and sleep with them? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!