Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Day Daisy

The current Kitchen Sink challenge is called Running with Scissors and requires that you have at least 1 cut image on your card. It's been a while since I played in a KS contest and I just couldn't pass this one up since I *love* cutting out images! Here's my card:


I used the 3 Step Daisy set and a sentiment from Never a Loss 4 Words.

I stamped the daisy on white cardstock then cut it out and added foam tape to the back for dimension. I stamped just the first step of the daisy onto the blue paper so I would know where to place the leaves. They were then stamped directly onto the blue paper and I added the cut-out daisy on top.

Here are the inks I used, lightest to darkest: daisy (all Stampin' Up!) - Barely Banana, Yoyo Yellow, Summer Sun, More Mustard; leaves (both Papertrey Ink) - Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado; sentiment - Papertrey's Dark Chocolate.

My little tip on stamping some of the KSS images: Because the first step ink color is usually very light, it can be a little difficult to see exactly where to stamp the second step. So I just stamp the second step first, and it's easy to see where to stamp the first step over it (hope that makes sense). Then I stamp the rest in order.

Card size - 4.25" square. TFL and have a happy day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this beautiful cut out daisy!!
    What a wonderful design!

    Thanks, Maureen, for your clever suggestion about stamping the second layer first! I'm going to give it a try when working with really light colors!!

    Thanks so much for joining in on the Kitchen Crew Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with the soft subtle colors! :D So glad you were able to play along with us Maureen! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!