Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Jane!

Today is the birthday of one of my fellow La-La Land Crafts DT members - Jane! You can head on over to the La-La Land Crafts blog to see more fabulous cards celebrating Jane's day and then pop over to her blog and leave her some love! Here's my card:

RosieSunflower1a
I used Sunflower Rosie and a sketch from Sketch Saturday. Everything besides the dress was colored with Copics. I paper pieced Rosie's dress and added an extra flower with attached arms over the dress for realism, popping up just the flower head for dimension. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

Here's a close shot so you can see the dimension and the paper piecing:

RosieSunflower1b
This card is also for Charisma Cardz (flowers) and Daring Cardmakers ("A String of Pearls").

I hope you like and TFL!

9 comments:

  1. Oh! Maureen! You made such a beautiful card for me! Thank you for making my birthday extra special!! I love ya, girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen, I really-really LOVE Rosie colored this way and paper pieced!!! What an AWESOME card!!!

    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh, she's so sweet!
    Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so sweet! Love the popped sunflower, Maureen! Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv this Maureen! Sunflower Rosie is adorable . . . I really like that sketch/layout! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Rosie in all her sunny glory! Such a gorgeous and happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, love the flowers and the colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!