Tuesday, June 1, 2010

YNS June Releases - Day 1


Hi everybody! I've got a special treat for you today - it's the first of a bunch of new releases from Your Next Stamp! Today we are showcasing the new Fhiona Singles! These aren't new images, but now 10 of the Fhionas can be bought singly instead of in the full sets! You can see all the Starlets' creations on Karen's blog! The full sets will be retiring as they sell out, so if any of these were on your wish list, get them now while they're still available and on sale!

Something else new at YNS - cling mount add on options! Now you can either get just plain rubber or purchase an add on to have your stamps already mounted on cling when you buy them - how convenient!! I mount all my unmounted stamps on cling so this is a great option for me!

One last bit of news before I get to my card: we are having a June New Release sale!! You can get 15% off your entire order - just use the code YNSJUNE2010.

And now on to my card for today:

FhionaFlowerBouquet1
I used Flower Bouquet Fhiona and a sketch from Card Patterns (you can see I took some liberties with the sketch!)

Fhiona was stamped and her hair and skin were colored with Copics. I paper pieced her headband and dress and colored the pockets and trim of her dress, the hearts on the headband, her shoes and the flower bouquet with colored pencils. I used the pencils because the bouquet has such little details that it was just easier to use really sharp pencils rather than Copics. You can't tell the difference so don't be afraid to mix your coloring mediums!

For the finishing touches, I stamped a sentiment from the Mini Greetings set (which is the perfect complement for all these Fhiona Singles), cut it into a flag with a bit of matting and sewed on a button. Then I die cut a flower out of felt, sewed on a button and added a couple of hand cut leaves. I normally buy the really cheapo felt from the craft store, but recently got some better quality stuff from Etsy to make feltie dolls and the difference is amazing! I could never get a really nice die cut with felt before, but this flower came out perfectly! Definitely worth the extra cost!

We've still got more new releases in store for you, so please stop back for our next release on Saturday, June 5 (although my post should go live late Friday night Hawaii time). And then we'll be having a blog hop on Tuesday, June 8 (late Monday Hawaii time) where they will be an awesome prize to be won!! TFL and hope to see you back soon!

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Maureen! I love your paper piecing and fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute & pretty. Love that felt blossom, great addition on this card Maureen :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love the white space you left here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious image and card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is stunning Maureen! I love her dress and matching headband and great tip for the felt flower and mixing and matching coloring mediums! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great coloring on your adorable card. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!