Tuesday, June 15, 2010

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #43


It's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week I am your hostess and I've chosen the theme of embossing because it's something I normally love to do on cards, but for some reason haven't done lately! Here's what I came up with:

LalaBeach1
I used the new Beach Lala set and a sketch from Taylored Expressions. In case you can't see it, I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the polka dot patterned paper. I like that it gives the paper a more whimsical look and some texture!

Lala was colored with Copics, her ball paper pieced, and then the whole thing cut out and popped up on the focal panel. I added the banner with brads airbrushed to match the cardstock and popped up in the middle with foam boosters. Finally I added a sentiment from the Beach Lala set and some straight stitching.

BTW, in case anybody's wondering about the highlights in her eyes, I normally color over the highlights in the image with a black pen and then dot in my own highlight later with a white gel pen. That way I can get the highlights the size I want and placed where I want them.

This card is also for: Before I go, I want to let you know that whatever image the hostess uses on her project is 20% off for the week of the challenge, and this week it's Beach Lala! And since we have a requirement that you must use a La-La Land Crafts image on your projects to win the $10 credit or Top Three, don't forget that we have all these fabulous digi images available!

We'd love to have you play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute card, Maureen! Love the embossed patterned paper! So clever, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! The embossed circles look great with the dotty paper! AND Lala looks ready for the beach the way you have colored her up, which is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge Maureen! :) Luv Beach Lala with your luv-ly DP's and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. Love this image.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
    *Gunn*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!