Saturday, August 20, 2011

3 Chocolate Challenge Part 1

When I saw the current Tiddly Inks Challenge - make a wee little project, I was immediately inspired. Well... that first try didn't turn out, but I took another stab at it and came up with this little treat box:

SendMeASignBugg2a
I used Send Me a Sign Bugg (one of my faves!) and the Cosmo Cricket Social Club Mini Deck. I designed the little box and the cutting file for the Bugg in Make The Cut and printed the Bugg onto the cut out through MTC. Finally, I also printed the scraps for the paper piecing and added the text to the sign using MTC. The box is just under 1.5" wide, 1.25" tall and 1.25" deep and holds 3 Dove chocolates.

You can see from this back shot that the back of the Bugg is covered (to hide the Copic bleed-through and just make it look a little nicer) and is tucked into the back of the box (which would normally be the front opening):

SendMeASignBugg2b
And here's a shot to show the 3 chocolates inside and the Bugg pulled out:

SendMeASignBugg2c
After I showed my hubby the project, he said I should challenge myself to make as many projects as I could that hold 3 Dove chocolates (a nice little favor size) and I took him up on the challenge! So watch this space for more installments of the "3 Chocolate Challenge." :)

4 comments:

  1. SUPER cute!!! Love this little Tiddly bugg holding the sign! How adorable that it's a treat holder too! Thanks for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks! I can't wait to see what you create next!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, too cute! Love the way your Tiddly bugg is sticking out of the box! Glad you could join us at Tiddly Inks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow!! maureen i love this!! its too cute and a yummo treat inside!! thank you for sharingit with us over on tiddly inks hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very adorable box! I wish I could taste one of those choccies because we don't have them over here! LOL

    Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!