Friday, August 26, 2011

Balloon Kaylee

Before I get started with today's post, I thought I'd mention something. You may have noticed a couple of watercolored projects recently and I said I used Tombow markers. Well, I just have to tell you that I got the full set as an early birthday present from my hubby!! :) He got them from Amazon and I really don't think you can beat that price! I'm having a ball playing with them so you should be seeing a lot more watercolored images from me!

Also, I got a new printer and even though it's an inkjet, the ink is water resistant! It's an Epson Workforce 840 and works with watercolors, Copics and colored pencils with OMS!! All this awesome new stuff has definitely helped to bring my mojo back!

Anyway, on to today's card:

BalloonKaylee1
I used Balloon Kaylee, a sketch from Mojo Monday, and the Shabby Backgrounds digi papers from Iralamija.

I watercolored Kaylee with my Tombows and paper pieced the balloons. The die cut behind Kaylee is from My Favorite Things and I finished it all off with some twill tape (tea-dyed), pink Timeless Twine (also tea-dyed), a little silk flower that I glittered and a button from my stash.

This card is also for the following challenges: I hope you like it and TFL!

13 comments:

  1. what a sweet little card, love everything about it! thanks so much for joining the Glitter IT
    challenge this week at charisma! good luck carlyann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your girly girl mojo creation. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen this is absolutely adorable! I love those paper pieced balloons! The papers you chose are so lovely too! Very Classy! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl this week!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card with the ballons in different patterns!! Nice work! Thanks for playing with us att Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card a lovely image
    thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was just blog hopping and came across your card ... Your colouring with the Tombows is incredible ... I have tried to use them in the past with no success and am now inspired to go and try them again. I've just become your 108th follower and I hope you get a chance to hop on over to my blog and check it out too. Will be back to see what else you create. Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maureen, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and the glitter looks beautiful. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, the image really pops against the muted background. Thanks for joining in with the Charisma Cardz challenge this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cute is this! lovely card, TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layout of this card!! Her paper pieced balloons are just perfect and I love all of the scallops!!

    So cute! :)

    Thanks for being odd and joining us over at Some Odd Girl for our 'Paper Piecing' challenge this week. Good luck.

    xo Lou Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby card such a cutie image, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a beauty! so soft and feminine!

    tthanks for playing with us at some odd girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!