Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Halloween!?

Yes, even though it's only the beginning of August, I have a couple of Halloween projects to share with you today! I wanted to play with the Orange Licorice Twist Timeless Twine from Stacy so I came up with a couple of fun pails using clear minis I got from my local craft store. The first one is meant to hold Halloween candy (I don't currently have any so I just stuffed some little bags of fruit snacks in there):

Mini Halloween Candy Pail 1a
I designed the whole thing in Make the Cut and cut with my Cricut (in use only until I get my KNK Zing - I can't wait!!!).

For the bat, I used Lettering Delights' DB Boo Ya and the sentiment was done with LD Little Piggy.

For the candy pail, the bat is actually cut out of the black layer so you can see what's inside, and then the letters were cut out separately of orange patterned cardstock and glued on the black layer. I then tied 2 strands of twine on each side of the handle into bows:

Mini Halloween Candy Pail 1b
My second project is meant to hold a battery powered tealight candle:

Mini Halloween Votive Pail
I used basically the same design as the candy pail, but this time I also cut out the letters from the black layer so the light would show through them. I glued a piece of orange vellum to the back of the black layer so you can't see the actual tealight candle through the bat cutout.

Here's a shot of what it looks like in MTC:


To finish it off, I glued twine all around the metal handle.

BTW, if you haven't already "liked" the Timeless Twine Facebook page, go ahead and do it now - ‎if Timeless Twine reaches 300 Page likes they will be giving away 3 Spools of Classic Timeless Twine colors! For extra entries, be sure to share and refer your friends and have them mention that you sent them.

I hope you like my projects and TFL!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!