Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thank You & Hello

Hi everybody! I finally have a couple projects today with some stamping on them (but just a very little)!

One of my fave blogs to look at is Iralamija by Beatriz Jennings. Everything she creates is so elegant and gorgeous! The other day I gave in to temptation and bought some of her digi files so I can try to create projects a little more in her style. Here's my first card:

Bella Rose Butterfly 1
I used her Bella Rose Backgrounds (background and butterfly layers) and Floral Postcards (label layer under butterfly) digital collages, a sketch from Card Positioning Systems and the sentiment stamped on the twill is from the Elegant Greetings set from Your Next Stamp.

The butterfly and label dies are from Spellbinders, the pearls are all from the Mimi Lo Lo Etsy shop, and the twine is from Timeless Twine. I tea dyed it just a bit to make the white strands a little less stark white.

This card is also for the following challenges: And a little tag:

Hello Tag
I used the sketch from Waltzingmouse, Very Vintage Labels No. 4 and Fancy Phrases.

The 2 background papers on the tag are from her Shabby Backgrounds and the little bit on the heart chipboard is from Bella Rose Backgrounds.

Again, I used a little Timeless Twine, also tea dyed.

I know they're nowhere near the beautiful creations that Bety makes, but I'm happy with both and I hope you like them too! TFL!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! I love Bety's work too!! Great take on this week's CPS sketch, thank you for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Soft and delicate colors and feel to it! wonderful job! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant set! Love the soft pastel colors! Thanks for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both look lovely - the tag is so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty!! Thanks for joining in at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! these are so beautiful! I can't wait to see what else you will create with the images!!!! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love tall cards, and yours is so beautiful and elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and soft..just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. My heart stopped beating!! This is just jaw droppingly gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutley stunning card and gorgeous tag Maureen! Thanks for sharing them with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a wonderful card. I love the colours you've used and the design also. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Truly S this week

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!! Love the butterfly and stitching. Thanks for playing along with The Pink Elephant!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!