Saturday, June 14, 2008

Awesome card from Vanessa!

I got the most *amazing* swap card in the mail today from Vanessa! The theme was "Things with Wings" and this angel is just so adorable! Please click on all the pix to enlarge so you can see all of the detail that she put into this work of art!

The coloring is just gorgeous and it sparkles so beautifully in real life! You can see the glitter on her wings, and also on the spout of the watering can and all the hearts and buttons of her suspenders.

And then you can see how the card opens up to reveal the full scene behind the angel. Hidden directly behind the angel is a mini envelope with a tiny card where Vanessa wrote me a note.
And here's a nice close shot of the scene so you can see how perfectly the whole tree is cut out and Vanessa even cut out the spaces in the picket fence!! I can't even begin to imagine how long all that precision cutting took! Also, there's more glitter on the heart on the tree and dotted on the flowers.
This card is just gorgeous and I feel so honored to have it! Thanks so much Vanessa!!

I'm very sorry to say that my swap card to you just went out Friday as I wasn't able to get to the post office sooner. It doesn't even begin to compare to this beauty, but I hope you like it anyway!

3 comments:

  1. wow!! doesn`t my card look good!! ~didn`t realise it was mine ,until i saw my name!!! thankyou for showing all the detail!! i`m so glad you liked it ,wil be waiting by the door ,for when your card arrives!!
    vanessa xx
    what stunning cards you have on your blog!! think i am in for a big treat!! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou so much for my card ,it arrived yesterday ,and have put it onto my blog today ~it is stunning and so much work .
    thankyou for the images ,so sorry i didn`t include any in your card!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a totally stunning card Vanessa made for you. Thank you for showing all the detail, it's truely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!