Sunday, June 15, 2008

Simply Sweet

Today's card is made with a new set from My Favorite Things called Here's the Scoop.

I had SO much fun playing with this set! One thing I really love about MFT is that a lot of their stamps work so well for paper piecing, which is my fave technique right now. For this card, I actually pieced just about every single bit of the focal image.

I did the scene in a number of layers and papers. The bottom is the wall (Memory Box) and floor (Basic Grey). I did just a bit of shading under the chair line. The next layer is the whole chair (Basic Grey). Then the whole thing was stamped on plain white cardstock and I colored the woman, ice cream container and spoon with Copics (except for her shirt). I actually cut the container apart from the woman so I could curve the container for a more realistic look. The topmost layer is just the bottom portion of the chair with a bit of shading with Copics.

A little note: I didn't have just the right shape of Nestability to fit the image so I just cut the largest scalloped rectangle and overlapped the pieces just a bit to make it shorter. I then put the ribbon over it to cover the seam.

I absolutely LOVE how this card came out and can't wait to send it to someone!

Other materials used: sentiment - Here's the Scoop set from MFT; white cardstock - Georgia Pacific; Lavender Moon cardstock and ink - Papertrey Ink; Baubles from Stamping Bella; Copic markers; ribbon - unknown.

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome card!! Love it!! I hadn't seen this set...this is a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME card! The layers are terrific! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley Beautiful Maureen! you need to do a tutorial on your paper piercing its so cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is perfect ~what a stunning card!! ~wish i had one of those chairs to relax in!!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card - great idea with the ribbon over the Nestie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card Maureen. It's well worth all the time and effort you put into it and I'm not surprised that love it - it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the layers and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!