Monday, June 30, 2008

Best Birthday Wishes

Here's the finished card using the piece I made in yesterday's tutorial. {If you scroll all the way to the bottom, you can see a better shot that really shows all the different layers.}

I used some more of the BG Lily Kate paper and I finally tried doing a sewn ribbon ruffle. It took *forever* but I really like how it turned out!

The blue scalloped piece was cut with a pair of jumbo scallop scissors and a 1/8" hole punch. The sentiment is also from the You Take the Cake set. TFL!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the ruffle looks fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant: Love the ruffle! Worth the effort.

    Oh, and I've tagged you: Please see my blog for deets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love love love it!! Great colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maureen...I have an award on my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. delightful card , love the colours used ~ so much detail!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Maureen and love the image :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!