Monday, June 2, 2008

Jolie Butterfly - AMYRS27

You've all probably figured out by now that I love Amy Rysavy sketches, so here's another one:
I'm posting a little late because I knew I wanted a butterfly diecut, but the original one I chose was too big and just didn't work right. I played with it for a couple days before I remembered I had this old Quickutz butterfly and the size was just what I wanted. After I cut out the wings, I embossed them with a Cuttlebug embossing folder (meant for the Cuttlebug butterfly diecut), and then went over the raised portions with a clear Spica glitter pen.

Then I glued down just the body portion and bent up the wings and antennae. You can see it a little better in the close-up picture where I tilted the card to the side. If you enlarge you can also see the glitter. I prefer the glitter pen when I want a more subtle glitter look, and I use Stickles when I really want a lot of sparkle.

I glued the butterfly towards the top of the circle to look like it's flying off. I've seen a couple other people position their butterflies like this and I really love the look!

Thanks for stopping by and another thanks to Amy - I really love this sketch!!

Other materials used: white cardstock - Georgia Pacific; patterned papers - SEI Jolie Chocolat; sentiment & ink - Papertrey Ink (Simple Little Things set); brad - Pink Hedgehog Papercrafts; circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders.

8 comments:

  1. Pretty card, I have that QK die too, its lovely isn't it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooh gorgeous card ,love the colours!! thats such a great die~cut!! works really well with vellum!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I LOVE this! Great job! I SO NEED to get that butterfly. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Maureen, I love that butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Maureen. Love the simplicity of it which makes it look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a simple yet elegant and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!