Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mwahbella BSC33

I played in another sketch challenge for today's card, this time in the Stamping Bella forum at Splicoast.

If you look at the sketch, you can see I tried to stay really true to it - I only added the pierced scalloped strip to the left of the patterned paper and the 2 bitty rhinestones on the upper right of the card.







Both of the stamps are from the Mwahbella with Words set. I did my usual paper piecing with a really cool piece of Basic Grey patterned paper from their Sultry line for her top and purse. I also used a plain brown piece of PP from the same line for her boots. The rest is colored with Copics and I added a little glitter pen to her headband and the heart on her purse.

I masked off her feet and stamped with an oval from the clear ovals set from A Muse. I then cut the image out using a long rectangle Nestie and then left on the Nestie to airbrush the light pink background. The white scalloped strip was also done with a long rectangle Nestie.

Other materials used: white cardstock - Georgia Pacific; Rose Red cardstock and ink - Stampin' Up!.

2 comments:

  1. Great job!! I love it!! The paper piecing is fantastic! Love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is fab - love what you di with the sketch and I love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!