Sunday, June 1, 2008

Birthday Shaker Card

We're going to a first birthday party today so I needed a cute birthday card. I remembered I had this Darcie's stamp that would make a great shaker so I dug it out of storage and came up with this:

I popped up all the pink frosting parts on foam tape and there's a bit of yellow stickles on the candle for sparkle. I diecut the number 1 out of medium weight chipboard and also white cardstock and glued them together. I then stamped it with the top frosting portion of the same birthday cake stamp and colored with Copics to match.
A little added touch: If you look at the close-up shot, you can see I colored the edges of the craft foam layer with Copics so that it wouldn't be stark white.

I totally CASE'd the design from a card by Anne Sanborn on p. 128 of the April 2008 issue of Cards magazine. The stamp was a little too tall for a standard 1/4 sheet card so I had to make it extra tall and the design by Anne was just perfect! When I was planning the card, I was going to change up more of the elements, but as I was creating, I just loved her card too much to change it! Thanks so much to Anne for this wonderful design!!

Other materials used: white cardstock - Georgia Pacific; pink cardstocks and paper piercing template - Stampin' Up!; Swiss Dots and D'vine Swirl embossing folders - Cuttlebug; ribbon - May Arts; diecut - Sizzix; brads - Pink Hedgehog Papercrafts; shaker mixture - Darcie's.

8 comments:

  1. What a super card Maureen, it's totally stunning :-)

    Details of SBS 13 card swap are now on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific! Your cards are always top notch! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card ,so much work you have put into it!!
    vanessa xx
    ps looks like we are swop parteners , will get making and hope to send your card this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This shaker card is quite the work of art--great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO stinkin' cute I can't stand it! What a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is too cute! What a great card!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!