I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while and tonight I finally executed it! I'm very happy that it pretty much came out how I imagined it!
In case you don't get it, it's supposed to be a box of long-stemmed roses! I know most people give bud roses, but I prefer the open roses so that's what I used. The roses and sentiment are all from the 3 Step Hearts & Roses set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The design of the stamps is just brilliant!! They are so easy to layer perfectly and look so real! Not only are the flower heads done in 4 different ink colors, but the leaves are done in 3 so they are also very realistic looking. And I love that they're separate so I can place the leaves anywhere along the stem.
Here's a close-up shot of the roses so you can see all the detail built into the images. I stamped each rose with stem and leaves separately and then cut them all out before placing them in the "box." The top three are mounted with foam tape for dimension. I was originally planning on making more roses, but the "box" filled up really quickly and I stopped at 4.
In case you're wondering, here are the Stampin' Up! ink colors I used (from light to dark):
flowers - Mauve Mist, Rose Romance, Rose Red, Baroque Burgundy
sentiment - Rose Romance
stem/leaves - Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Garden Green
Just a note - the green colors didn't seem to really go together when I stamped them side by side, however they layered very nicely. I suggest if you're not sure about a color combo, try it out and it may work!
I hope you like my idea!!
Other materials used: white cardstock - Georgia Pacific; Nestabilities; ribbon - May Arts.