Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Box of Roses Card

I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while and tonight I finally executed it! I'm very happy that it pretty much came out how I imagined it!

In case you don't get it, it's supposed to be a box of long-stemmed roses! I know most people give bud roses, but I prefer the open roses so that's what I used. The roses and sentiment are all from the 3 Step Hearts & Roses set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The design of the stamps is just brilliant!! They are so easy to layer perfectly and look so real! Not only are the flower heads done in 4 different ink colors, but the leaves are done in 3 so they are also very realistic looking. And I love that they're separate so I can place the leaves anywhere along the stem.

Here's a close-up shot of the roses so you can see all the detail built into the images. I stamped each rose with stem and leaves separately and then cut them all out before placing them in the "box." The top three are mounted with foam tape for dimension. I was originally planning on making more roses, but the "box" filled up really quickly and I stopped at 4.

In case you're wondering, here are the Stampin' Up! ink colors I used (from light to dark):
flowers - Mauve Mist, Rose Romance, Rose Red, Baroque Burgundy
sentiment - Rose Romance
stem/leaves - Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Garden Green

Just a note - the green colors didn't seem to really go together when I stamped them side by side, however they layered very nicely. I suggest if you're not sure about a color combo, try it out and it may work!

I hope you like my idea!!

Other materials used: white cardstock - Georgia Pacific; Nestabilities; ribbon - May Arts.

17 comments:

  1. omg this is just soooo stunning , it must have too you ages to do love it. jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what a stunning card!! Awesome idea and creation!!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is the MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! It certainly does look like a box of roses----awesome! Thanks for visiting my blog so I could see this!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maureen, what a totally gorgeous card you have made. Those roses look so real - what a great idea you had :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMW this is gorgeous. What a super stupendous idea! Those roses look so real - WOW. GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! I absolutely love it!!! What a fantastic idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is SO beautiful! What an amazing idea and it turned out SO great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh, this is amazing! What a wonderful design! I sure hope you entered this in our What's Cooking with your Kitchen Sink Stamps contest! This would sure create some stiff competition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card...and such a clever idea!! It really does look like a box of roses! Fantastic job! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! Love the idea and can't wait to try this myself! Gorgeous color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is unbelievable! The colors are STUNNING and the "idea" is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fantastic is this card!! had to lok twice to see you had made this, it looks real!!
    inspirational idea!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! they look so real! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful!!! I have that stamp set and appreciate you giving the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!