Sunday, June 22, 2008

You're So Sweet! JUNEGKDJK

Today's card is for yet another sketch challenge (I *so* love sketches!!), this one at the Gina K. forum. Just like yesterday's card, I stayed really true to the sketch.

I bought this Gina K. set, How Sweet It Is!, a while ago and this is my first time using it. I don't know why I waited so long - it's adorable! I love all the funky cute images and the sweet sayings! Also, I really love that $7 from the sale of each set is split between The American Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.

You have to check out the close-up shot to see that I actually cut out another vase with flowers in its entirety (yes, even the stem!!) and raised it up just a bit with a few layers of scrap cardstock for dimension. I also did some sewing around the entire layer of patterned paper. I just love the extra little touch the sewing adds, even if it's really subtle.

You can also see that I left the Nestie in place while I airbrushed a really light yellow all over the base image. I didn't need to mask since I just covered up the whole thing with the extra vase and flowers.

Other materials used: white cardstock - Georgia Pacific; Berry Sorbet cardstock, ribbon, and ink - Papertrey Ink; Graphite Black Brilliance ink - Tsukineko; Two Scoops patterned paper - Basic Grey; Copic markers and airbrush; Nestabilities.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! Love the colors and the Basic Grey paper is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the image, the layout, and the background paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Maureen and that paper is so scrummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Fun layout, yummy Basic Grey paper too. I have that set also, you are inspiring me to ink it up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok now this is just way too cute! The colors are FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!