Monday, June 16, 2008

Sundae MFTSC35

I'm still playing with my new stamps from My Favorite Things. This sundae image is another one from the Here's the Scoop set. [It looks like it's currently sold out. Check back later if you want it!]

I decided to play in a MFT sketch challenge, but I flipped the sketch on its side and turned it into a rectangle.

I'm still on my paper tole craze, but I didn't do too much with this card. I just popped up an extra glass so it looks as if the ice cream is really inside it, and then I cut the whole thing out and popped it up on 3 layers of scrap cardstock. I absolutely love how the cherry stem is just hanging off the top like a real cherry! For my cherry, I colored it red with a Copic marker, then covered it with red stickles, and then glued a red Dew Drop on top.

Of course the whole thing is colored with Copics and I did a little bit of airbrushing on the small white rectangle so it wouldn't be so stark white.

I have to admit that I am turning into quite a MFT fanatic!! Watch for more MFT cards in the future!

Other materials used: sentiment - Here's the Scoop set from MFT; white cardstock - Georgia Pacific; Graphite Black brilliance ink - Tsukineko; Pretty in Pink cardstock and ink, Chocolate Chip cardstock - Stampin' Up!; patterned paper - Basic Grey; rectangle Nestabilities.

9 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmm could just eat that sundea!!! beautiful card maureen!! ~love those colours and papers!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic summer card!! Love the image and colors! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fantastic card Maureen, love the depth to this one and it looks good enough to eat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card too! I really like what you did with the ice cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! You are so on a roll, I'm behind in the blog reading and I LOVE everything you've posted since I've missed. Great stuff all around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yummy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!