Thursday, September 27, 2012

Boo! & Dies Storage Tip

Hi all!  I have another Fun Friday with Your Next Stamp post today!  Our theme all month has been Trick or Treat and again, I have both for you today!  My treat is up first:

CuteGhost2

I used Cute Ghost and the Jam Jar Globe stamp and also the matching Jam Jar Globe dies.  I was inspired by this FF post by fellow DT member Veronica where she did a Halloween card with the Jam Jar Globe set.  I stamped the jar on acetate and cut it out with the die.  It’s got a tiny bit of adhesive on the bottom where the lines are and a little on the top right under the jar lid.

The sketch is  FTL #209 from Clean & Simple Stamping and the 4 different polka dot papers are from the Doodlebug Haunted Manor paper pad.  I hand drew the line and the boo! stamps are from Close To My Heart.

And now here’s a little trick for storing your YNS dies: I keep mine in baseball card sheet protectors and keep them in the binder with my stamps.  [Sorry, forgot to take a pic of my stamps – they’re stored on hard plastic panels sold specially for storing cling stamps and they go into a 3 ring binder)]

Here’s what one page looks like:

Die Storage

As you can see, most dies just go straight into the pockets, but for the smaller ones, I use a business card size magnet to keep them from sliding around in the pockets and so I can grab them more easily.  You can also store your homemade die templates in the pocket with the die if it’s small enough (that’s the red bit behind the trees die), and finally, you can even stick your cling stamps right to the sheet in front of the matching die!  Very handy little trick that I hope will help you with your die storage.  TFL and don’t forget to check out the YNS Blog too see which other DT members are playing Fun Friday with me today!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I love how you used the stripes-very cute. Great storage ideas too! I always like to revamp my storage from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-39.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!