Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Clean & Simple Cupcake

I've been working on a couple DT projects so I didn't have anything to post yesterday. Not wanting to take 2 days off, I decided to make something really quick and easy today. I browsed the Clean and Simple Stamping blog and found Fall-to Layout 56. I immediately knew I wanted to use it and that I wanted to combine it with a couple challenges. Here's what I came up with:


The first challenge that came to mind was the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #22. You know that I usually like to try and re-create the cupcakes so that's what I did here. Once again I used the Cupcake Mix & Match set (I'm really getting my money's worth out of this set!) from There She Goes. I stamped the 3 different parts then colored the liner and cherry with Copics.

The next challenge I thought of was the TSG Challenge which is to make your own designer paper. I used a polka dot stamp from Papertrey Ink and the cherry from Cupcake Mix & Match.

Finally I added a sentiment from the same cupcake set, a bit of May Arts red velvet ric-rac and a strip of Dark chocolate cardstock. And there you go - quick and easy! I hope you like it and TFL!

Other materials used: Pure Poppy cardstock and ink, Fresh Snow ink, Dark Chocolate ink - Papertrey Ink.

7 comments:

  1. super adorable Maureen...love the cuppy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! You did a great job on the cuppie and the details are perfect! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a perfect cupcake without any calories :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the cupcake card!!! It's totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! A perfect take on the cupcakes from the photo! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Maureen! I love the CAS layout with that cute little cupcake :) Thanks for playing in the TSG Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!