Wednesday, September 9, 2009

La-La’s Weekly Wednesday Challenge #4

Another Wednesday means another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our challenge was set by Kathy and is distressing - it can be sanding, tearing, inking, or any other distressing method! I tend to do at least a little distressing on most of my cards so I had fun with this challenge! Here's what I came up with:

RosieBird1

I tore myself away from my Lalas this week to play with Rosie with Bird. I also got out my Prismacolor colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits because I thought this type of coloring would match nicely with the challenge and the papers I chose, which are from the new DCWV Rustic stack. I did use my trusty Copics for her face, arms and legs though because I really like these skin tones.

For the image panel, I traced the inside of the Nestabilities die with a pencil and cut it out so that it would be slightly smaller than the actual die cut version of the same die (so I would have the perfect mat), then stamped and colored. Next I inked around the outside with Antique Linen distressing ink and ran my scissor blade over the edges. I also ran my scissor blade over the patterned papers, and inked them a little too.

Final details – I hand sewed some DMC flower thread on the flower strip and then sewed cream beads all over the diamond paper, added some May Arts ribbon and a charm, stuck the image on with foam boosters and I was done! I left out the sentiment so I can use this card for any occasion. This card was also made for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Hearts and Flowers.

I hope you’ll play along with us this week! You can check out all the details at the La-La Land Crafts blog.

Also, I wanted to let you know that the new La-La Land Crafts Halloween stamps are available for purchase. You can find them all in the New section. And for the month of September, U.S. orders of $50 or more receive FREE shipping! International orders will receive a shipping discount! So it's a great time to treat yourself to some La-La Land Crafts stamps! TFL!

17 comments:

  1. Hiya Maureen.. Rosie looks so cute with her little birdy there next to her :), I love the softness in the colour combo you've used for this one,Just love it hun.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cream beads that you stitched on the paper are beautiful ... a really lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maureen,

    This is beautiful, love all the details you've added. The pearls are gorgeous on the grid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Maureen!! I just love what you have done here! That paper is stunning and your image is so sweet! Fabulous distressing as well!! Hope you have a great week :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi maureen

    Oh! how sweet lovely colouring
    hugs
    Sylvie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Maureen! I love the beads on the dp~just a gorgeous detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Distressing? More like impressing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is soooo lovely! fab coloring and your backing paper is awesome!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card. Great creation and wonderful coloring on the image too.
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, Maureen, this is such a truly beautiful work of art. Everything goes together so well, and compliments each other perfectly. I love your gorgeous colouring, and those hand-sewn pearl beads make that DP something else! WOW! LOVE IT! Hugs, Simonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maureen, this is totally gorgeous! Beautiful colours and love all that beadwork - just sweet and adorable! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally awesome card, Maureen! Love the soft colors here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous work! The stitching of those tiny beads must have taken you AGES! But what a super effect. Love the colouring and fabulous layout!

    Kimmi xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Maureen.
    Love the soft coloured papers, the lay-out and all those beads are so beautifull.

    Hugs,
    xoxo Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card, wonderful cute image and colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card Maureen thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, this is stunning - I love all your beads, such a pretty detail
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!