Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sleeping and dreaming

It's time for another Softpencil Thursday! This week the DT got to work with this cute image called Sleeping and dreaming and our challenge was to make a square card. Here’s what I came up with:

SleepingDreaming1

I used three different coloring mediums for this card – Copic (skin), chalk (tree top, sky, grass), and colored pencils blended with odorless mineral spirits (everything else). I’m really happy with the way it came out and think they all match very well.

I think I have a little bit of a seed bead obsession as I’ve sewed them onto this card as well. There were tiny little circles in the tree top so I decided to bead each one. I liked the red for little pops of color, but there were too many so I mixed in green ones to tone it down.

This card is also for the Digital Tuesday Challenge - make a project using a teen/child/baby digi image.

Finished card is 4.25” square. I like this size square card because it still fits into an A2 size envelope. I hope you like it and TFL!

BTW – don’t forget to hop around to the other DT members’ blogs to see what they’ve done with this image!

And once last thing - I kept forgetting to post these (SO sorry!). I got awards from 2 of my dear Softpencil friends! I got this one from Kerry:

InspiringBlogAward

And this one from Elizabeth:

KreativBlogger

Thank you both so much - you are so sweet to think of me!!

Other materials used: patterned paper – My Mind’s Eye; cream cardstock – Bazzill; sentiment – There She Goes (Dream Big set); Nestabilities.

13 comments:

  1. How cute is that image? A fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome, Maureen! You projects are amazing, you so deserve the award. Your card is too cute, everytime I see the image... I just want to find somewhere to take a nap. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maureen!
    This is so adorable, I absolutely looove that tree!!!! fabulous job!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at DTC this week!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love the seed beads! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the seed beeds!!! I'm a beader myself and these look great!! I love all the coloring mediums that you used as well!! Great job!! Congrats on those wonderful awards!!They are so cute and well deserved. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious image! Super sweet card : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very welcome Maureen!!! you deserve these awards!
    Beautiful card! I love the soft colours and the very nice papers you used ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS coloring and I love the beads!!! CUTE!!! Thanks for playing the Digital Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you sewed all the beads on the tree - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this new image from Softpencil. You have done a great job with it. Lovely card. hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, he is a sweet little boy and love the softness coloring!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!