Thursday, September 3, 2009

Little Cow Box and Surprise!

It's Softpencil Thursday and I'm SO excited to show you my project for this week! After I saw the image we were given this week and reading that the Design Element is to make a 3D project, I was seriously stumped! Then an idea came to me and I'm so happy it turned out just as I envisioned it! First off, here's a matchbox (2.5" x 3") with our adorable image called Little Cow:


I colored the image with Copics, stamped the sentiment with a small alpha set and then made the little box out of some yummy double-sided Cosmo Cricket paper. But that's not the best part! There's a little giftie waiting inside:


Yes! It's a Little Cow made out of felt! The best thing about digi images is that you can print them almost any size you want! I just printed the image a little larger a few times on regular printer paper and then used the various pieces as patterns for the black and white felt. The black spots were stitched on and then I did a little chalking on the nose, ears and horns. After sewing on the buttons, I stitched it up, leaving a little opening on the bottom so that it can be a pencil topper:


Here's the back view where you can see the extra spots I added and the little custom tail I made by braiding 3 pieces of crochet thread and then tying on a bunch of tiny strands for the end:


Lastly - I glued on 2 black half pearls for the eyes and poked a tiny bit of stuffing in the head for some shape. I hope you like my box and pencil topper and maybe you'll be inspired to make your own felt creation using a digi image as a pattern!

Other challenges: P.S. I also wanted to mention that it was my hubby who suggested having a fence inside the box so I added the Sizzix diecut and it was perfect! Thanks Honey!

17 comments:

  1. Wow this is so lovely. You have done a great job with this project and decorative element. hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥♥shut up♥♥ You are a genius! How stinkin' cute...your box and the surprise inside! Absolutely udderly cute...haha..I crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, this is totally awesome!!!! The felt little cow inside the matchbox inside is genius!!! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute!! Love what you did with our sweet little cow!! so cute! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OUTSTANDING Maureen!!! your work is amazing as usual! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! This is just the cutest thing ever! I love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with out AiFactory challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too stinkin cute! Thanks for playing in the AiFactory challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOA!! What an AWESOME surprise!! Very creative ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Gosh you are so talented Arlinex

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one amazing project. Love the cow too. Using digi images to create templates is a brill idea too.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations you won the challenge on this one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!