Monday, September 7, 2009

Lala Card with Bookmark

TuesTaggers
I’m so excited to announce that I was asked to be a guest designer for Tuesday Taggers this week! I know it's not quite Tuesday yet here, but since the Taggers' post is up already, I figured I'd post mine too! The theme was to make a bookmark, either as a gift or as part of a card. I decided to make mine part of a card and here’s what I came up with:

LalaBirthday2a

I used Birthday Lala from La-La Land Crafts and a sketch from Get Sketchy. You can see that the bookmark is held onto the card by the ribbon on the bottom and the arrow chipboard and can be pulled out very easily. Here it is out of the card:
LalaBirthday2b
I paper pieced the present and ribbon/bow and colored the rest with Copics. For the top of the bookmark, I added some fun pom fibers I've had forever and an adorable hanging cupcake charm:

LalaBirthday2c
I saw the design in the Firemountain Gems gallery and thought it was so adorable that I had to order all the pieces and make my own! I had a great time with this challenge and hope you'll join in too! Thanks very much to the gang at Tuesday Taggers for having me a guest designer! I hope you like it and TFL!

Other materials used: patterned paper - Cosmo Cricket; pink cardstock - Bazzill; rub-on - Basic Grey; ribbon - May Arts; chipboard arrow and Swarovski crystals from stash.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card Maureen!! Congrats on being picked as a Guest Designer, well deserved!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This great card is realy a little present! I love the idea!
    Thanks for playing with GS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - it is quite a cutie card/bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE card Maureen!! Love it! Thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely card!
    thnx for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those fairy looking fibers.
    Thanks for playing with us at GET SKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!