Wednesday, September 23, 2009

La-La’s Weekly Wednesday Challenge #6

If you're looking for the Your Next Stamp blog hop, it's the post directly below this one! Thanks!

**********


Yay! It's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! Before I get to this week's challenge, I'd like to thank everybody who played in the Embellish It! challenge last week! The entries were all fabulous and I really enjoyed seeing everyone's take on my theme! Congratulations to the Top 3!

And now onto this week's challenge which was set by Sheila and is paper piecing. Paper piecing is one of my favorite techniques so I was happy to see this theme. Here's my card:

RosieWitchBroom1a
I used the adorable Witch on the Broom Rosie, more of the Basic Grey Eerie paper pad, and a sketch from Stamps and Smiles. I pieced her hat and cape and did a little cutting of the main image so that her hair would go over both to look a little more realistic. Her skin was colored with Copics, her eyes and the cat's eyes were done with Copics and colored pencil, and the rest was done with colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. I popped up an extra cat and broom bottom with scrap cardstock. Here's a close-up so you can see everything a little better:

RosieWitchBroom1b
The moon was cut with a circle Nestability and lightly chalked with a little color around the edges. I added a lot of zig-zag stitching, silvery-purple May Arts ribbon, and glitter chipboard Thickers. I hope you like it!

We'd love to have you play along! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts Blog.

Don't forget that there is a shipping special at La-La Land Crafts for the month of September - US orders of $50 or more get free shipping and international orders get a shipping discount. Here's a link to the store! TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Hiya Maureen, I adore your sweet Rosie, riding the night skies there on broom with her faithful kitty for company:), I love her cloak and hat great paper piecing.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Maureen! Oooo....how creative with her purple hair! She sure looks like she's flying up high! Awesome card!! Your paper piecing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she is one of the cutiest witches I have seen! I love her eyes!!! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Smiles!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job on the paper piecing! Love that you have that beautiful moon as her background as she flies around on her broom! xx Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Maureen!! THe glitter letters are fabulous and love the moon behind her!!! Your paper piecing is brilliant as well!Hope you have a wonderful week-end :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just brilliant - I love it! Such a fun card and really fab paper piecing
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wheeee is right! I love the paper piecing. Great card, Maureen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!