Friday, September 18, 2009

Fishy Wishes and Sneak Peek!

Today I have a Your Next Stamp card and sneak peek! First, the card:

HappyDaysMermaid1
I used the completely adorable Happy Days Mermaid set, which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it!!! I colored her with Copics, cut her out, then added an extra flower and shells popped up with scrap cardstock. I also added a few Swarovski crystals for a little bling and finally she's popped up on extra thick foam tape.

I used a sketch from Card Positioning Systems which I altered just a bit by turned it on its side and making it a square instead of a long rectangle. There was a wavy element on each side of the sketch and so I decided to sew ribbon to each side, scrunching it up to make it look like seaweed. It took forever (manually cranking each stitch and re-doing it a couple times), but I really love how they turned out!

The background was airbrushed and I stamped the little bubbles all over then went over each bubble with a clear Spica glitter pen. The final touches were a sentiment and the starfish from the same set.

And now for my sneak peek (can you guess what it is?):

YNSSneak1
We'll be having the first Your Next Stamp huge new release blog hop on September 23 starting at 3 a.m. EST, which is actually September 22 at 9 p.m. Hawaii time. YNS will be releasing Fall, Halloween and Christmas stamps and they will be available on that same day. The best part (besides all the fabulous DT eye candy that we'll be presenting!) is there will be 2 prizes: a mini prize of one stamp set and a grand prize of $50 of stamps, both winner's choice with free shipping!

One last thing before I go - YNS now has a challenge blog! Our challenges will start on October 7, but you can enter to win a prize before then - check it out here! Thanks for visiting today!

13 comments:

  1. Maureen, this is soooo adorable! Love your coloring of Fhiona, her hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the seaweed ribbon technique. It looks hard to do though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maureen, this is fabulous! Your colouring is awesome, but that seaweed is just inspiring! Such a clever idea and so effective! Hugs, Simonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Fhiona and love your coloring. This ribbon trim you used is so awesome!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  5. That seaweed looks awesome and you're mermaid is colored perfectly! I just love this mermaid set :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Maureen I LOVE the seaweed! How awesome!!! Your coloring looks amazing too:) Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute! can't wait for the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! I have been looking for a mermaid stamp for AGES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OmGosh, this is such a great creation! Love what you did with the ribbon, so clever. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card, love these stamps, I'm going to have to save some pennies and get some ordered!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maureen, what a clever idea with the seaweed!!! Gorgeous card!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is seriously way too cute! That trim is the cutest accent and LOVE the image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!